If you’re looking for an easy-to-use programming language, PHP is a great option. In fact, many developers consider it to be on par with Perl, Python, and Ruby on Rails in terms of ease of use. While you can definitely learn PHP through online tutorials (such as those hosted on Developer.com, CodeGuru, and HTMLGoodies), another great option is to take an online course. In this tutorial, we’ll be discussing the best online courses to learn PHP (or PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor as it’s also known).
Table of Contents
Online PHP Programming Courses
If you’re looking for the best places to learn PHP online, look no further! These courses are perfect for anyone from beginner programmers to advanced developers. Whether you’re new to programming and database development, a student studying programming and database administration, or a veteran programmer looking to add more languages to your skillset, you’ll find something fitting in the courses below.
Building an E-Commerce Website in PHP and MySQL from Udemy
The Building an E-Commerce Website in PHP and MySQL course from Udemy is great for beginner level programmers. It’s awesome because it has a really specific goal – rather than just teaching basic PHP syntax and software development concepts, this programming class uses E-commerce as its primary focus. So, by the end of the course, students will be able to create their own database-driven online store.
This PHP course has a lot to offer students, including MySQL development and working with the Admin Panel. More specifically, students will develop their own custom content management system (CMS) made for an E-commerce website, which will be able to take orders from customers. This is a really great opportunity for students to learn how to build a CMS from scratch, and to put their PHP skills to the test in a practical way.
In this 8-hour series, you’ll learn about:
- How to set up and configure templates and databases
- How to create an Admin Panel
- How to display products and set up the online store frontend
- How to work with shopping carts, integrate PayPal, and allow customer registrations
- You can get more information about this PHP and MySQL course by visiting its page on Udemy.
- Registration forms and user sign-ups
- Login forms and login pages (including styling)
- How to build the basic skeleton and structure of a social media network
- How to create a compelling and useable home page or Index
- How to develop and design newsfeeds, profile pages, messaging systems, a live search, and notification system